“Having worked with the WBL team for many years, we know why they are once again on the list [of 100 Best Accounting Firms to Work For in the U.S.]. We are proud to be associated with one of the best.”
President & CEO of nonprofit association
Use for-profit business best practices to help your nonprofit organizations excel.
Nonprofit organizations face complex social, financial and regulatory challenges. You need to protect your nonprofit status and provide responsible stewardship of your donations, dues or fees. Your organization's board, management, and stakeholders expect transparency, accountability and a commitment to receiving exceptional value for every dollar spent.
When it's time for your organization to upgrade your accounting services, you need a provider that understands your needs and can effectively deliver value through a long-term, trust-based relationship.
WBL's Nonprofit Practice is led by a seasoned team of assurance and tax professionals who guide foundations, associations, cultural organizations, independent schools and community organizations through the often-challenging financial and regulatory landscape. We go above and beyond to add value to your nonprofit organization through:
- Thorough, efficient financial statement, A-133, endowment, grant, and benefit plan audits delivered on schedule
- Accurate and timely preparation of 990 tax forms and other compliance requirements
- Accounting for investments, capital or construction projects, unrelated business income, charitable gifts, bonds, and benefits
- Tax structure consulting and strategy assessments
- Effective approaches to identify and address risk, enhance reporting, streamline operations and improve communication
- Coaching for boards and financial teams on best practices, policies and procedures
- Special projects
- QuickBooks consulting and training
- Organization-specific issues (e.g., tuition deposits and unearned tuition at private schools)