DISCOVER is a one-day Summer Leadership Program for rising juniors, seniors and MAcc students pursuing a degree in Accounting and interested in a career in public accounting.
WBL's Summer Leadership Program 2021 will be held on Thursday, June 10, 2021.
We are currently planning an in-person program during which selected applicants will visit the WBL office, participate in panel discussions and training, and get to know WBL accountants. However, if COVID-19 precautions are still in place, the program will be held virtually.
In WBL's Summer Leadership Program, you will discover:
- How to work and succeed in a team environment
- Some of the brightest and best young accountants in the industry today
- Experienced partners eager to share what they know
- What it’s like to work at one of the top 100 Best Accounting Firms to Work For in the United States
- Leadership skills that will help you launch your career in public accounting
- Why firm culture is so important to your success
Who is eligible for the DISCOVER Summer Leadership Program?
- Rising juniors and seniors in a four or five year collegiate program
- MAcc students who will be looking for internships in the spring and summer of 2022
- Majoring in Accounting (with the intention of pursuing a CPA license)
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.3/4.0
- Strong interest in a career in public accounting
- Active in the classroom, on campus and in the community
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and skill set
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively on complex tasks in a team environment
Application and selection process:
Application process opens 12/1/20 and closes on 3/19/21.
Students will be contacted between March 22 and March 30, 2021 regarding the status of their application.
Invitations will be distributed the week of April 5, 2021.
Please apply by completing the form, below.
Selected applicants will be contacted immediately.
This form will be available on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 8 a.m. (Eastern).