The future is you...
Are you looking for a great learning environment in an outstanding mid-size firm with a variety of clients? Do you want a challenging and rewarding career while having great work-life integration that includes flexible hybrid work schedules and optional compressed workweeks during non-busy season months?
We're looking for
great folks to be the next leaders of our firm. Start as a Tax Sr. Associate
but envision yourself as a supervisor, manager and even a partner one day, if
that's your goal. Even if your end game isn't to become a partner, you will
enjoy the variety and challenge of public accounting. At WBL, there'll always
be a place for you.
WBL is different from other firms. We are committed to maintaining our success through organic growth. This strategy keeps the pace of growth steady and manageable while providing BIG opportunities for you! Join a firm that grows its future leaders from within.
Does this sound like you?
- You like to get to know your clients and their businesses and bring them fresh ideas. Your mission is to give them the best service possible.
- You are a detailed-oriented person who does what you say you'll do.
- You're a keen problem-solver and have an inquiring mind. You're a lifelong learner and learn quickly.
- You like variety and don't plan on getting pigeon-holed. You have experience with more than one of the following industries and like it that way: manufacturing, distribution, software, technology, staffing, international, professional services, high-net worth individuals.
- You have experience preparing complex individual, corporate, partnership and S-Corp tax returns as well as researching tax issues and proposing solutions.
As a Tax Sr. Associate, you will be an integral part of a fun, close-knit team and will perform the following job duties:
- Prepare complex individual, corporate, partnership and S-Corp tax returns as well as estate, trust & gift tax returns.
- Recognize routine and non-routine tax problems, research tax questions and prepare written memoranda of proposed solutions based on findings.
- Prepare schedules, summaries and drafts reports, as required.
- Develop skills in preparing tax projections.
- Interact with clients to obtain information or to answer questions.
- Assist, if needed, at virtual or in-person meetings with clients, IRS representatives and others.
- Assist with special assignments as needed.
What's in it for you (WIIFY)?
- Flexible hybrid work schedules
- Early Fridays and optional compressed workweeks during non-busy season months
- Maternity & paternity leave and firm-paid childcare
- "Dress for your day" dress code (i.e., casual attire)
- PTO and firm-paid holidays including a "just for you" personal holiday & paid community service day
- Awesome compensation and healthcare benefits package
- 401k Plan with firm match and profit sharing
- Annual performance bonus, CPA exam bonus, service awards & spot awards
- Paid professional development, coaching program and upward mobility
- Fantastic career in public accounting — one that integrates into your personal lifestyle
- Direct access and support from partners and managers
- Genuinely nice people to work with — a true team!