The future is you…
We’re looking for great folks to be the next leaders of our firm. Start as an Senior Associate but envision yourself as a supervisor, manager and even a partner one day if that’s your goal.
WBL is different than other firms. We’re looking to grow organically which means BIG opportunity for you. Join a firm that’s not looking to obtain its future leaders by merging with another firm.
Even if your end game isn’t to become a partner, you will enjoy the variety and challenge of public accounting, and there’s no need to leave the industry. There is a place for you on the WBL team, too.
Does this sound like you?
- You like to get to know your clients and their businesses and bring them fresh ideas. Your mission is to give them the best service possible.
- You are a detailed-oriented person who does what you say you’ll do.
- You’re a keen problem-solver and have an inquiring mind. You’re a lifelong learner and learn quickly.
- You like variety and don’t plan on getting pigeon-holed. You have experience with more than one of the following industries and like it that way: manufacturing, distribution, software, technology, staffing, international, professional services, high-net worth individuals.
- You have experience preparing complex individual, corporate, partnership and S-Corp tax returns as well as researching tax issues and proposing solutions.
- You have a Bachelor degree in accounting (Master in taxation/MAcc with tax focus a plus).
- You have at least two years of public accounting tax experience.
- You are on your way to completing the CPA exam, if not already a CPA.
As an experienced Tax Senior Associate, you will be an integral part of a fun, close-knit team and will perform the following job duties:
- Prepare complex individual, corporate, partnership and S-Corp tax returns as well as estate, trust & gift tax returns.
- Recognize routine and non-routine tax problems, research tax questions and prepare written memoranda of proposed solutions based on findings.
- Prepare schedules, summaries and drafts reports, as required.
- Develop skills in preparing tax projections.
- Interact with clients to obtain information or to answer questions.
- Assist, if needed, at virtual or in-person meetings with clients, IRS representatives and others.
- Assist with special assignments as needed.
What’s in it for you (WIIFY)?
- Options for flexible schedules, remote work, compressed workweeks, paid childcare.
- “Dress for your day” dress code (i.e., casual attire).
- Fantastic career in public accounting — one that fits into your personal lifestyle; we are flexible and seek to make a career in public accounting viable for all who want it.
- Direct access and support from partners and managers.
- Genuinely nice people to work with — a true team.
- Awesome compensation and benefits package.
- Professional development and upward mobility.