“As a tax and business advisor at WBL, I get to make a real impact on people’s lives in so may ways: helping them save money by reducing their tax burden, helping with important strategy decisions, working with families to make plans for the future, acting as a trustee or executor, and everything in between.”
Since joining the firm in 1992, Steve has provided tax planning and return preparation services for corporations, individuals, partnerships, estates and trusts with an easy smile, charm and a quick wit. His specialties include performing ASC 740 calculations for public and large private companies and developing tax strategies for closely held businesses, as well as serving as trustee and assisting high net worth families in meeting their goals.
Steve is the director of the firm’s Tax Planning and Compliance Services department. He is the author of the firm’s periodic tax planning updates and previously served on the Editorial Advisory Board of the Harcourt Brace Publication, CPA Internet Connection. Steve is also a frequent lecturer and guest speaker at universities, international conferences and professional associations. Prior to joining WBL, he spent seven years with the international accounting firm Price Waterhouse (now PwC) in Atlanta.
Steve is an entrepreneur at heart and has been since starting a paper route when he was nine. He’s also musical, playing clarinet and saxophone in pep and marching bands while in college. When not serving as a trustee or entertaining his staff with funny stories or jokes, Steve plays, coaches and watches basketball or plans his next family adventure.
Steve lives in Sandy Springs with his wife, Esther. They enjoy spending time with their daughters Erin, Jamie and Rebecca, and tolerate their vicious poodle, Pepper.
- Entering the US Market? State Sales Tax Mistakes Can Be Costly (published in Russell Bedford International’s Business World magazine March 2020 issue)
- Entering the US Market? State Sales Tax Surprises Can Be Costly
- What We Know and Don’t Know about the Tax Bill
- Mid-market Businesses Targeted in New IRS Global Compliance Initiatives
- Georgia is Latest to Get Tax Relief from IRS Due to Hurricane Irma
- IRS Confirms October Deadline for Conservation Easement Disclosures
- 2016 Year-end Tax Planning: What Do Trump’s Tax Proposals Mean for Your Business and Family?
- Know the Five Tell-Tale Signs of an IRS Phone Scam
- Understanding the Presidential Candidates’ Tax Policies
- Fraud Alert: Wire Request
- GA Small Business Save Big with R&D Tax Credits
- How the Final Repair and Capitalization Regulations Will Impact You