The future is you...
Are you looking for a great learning environment in an outstanding mid-size firm with a variety of clients? Do you want a challenging and rewarding career while having great work-life integration that includes flexible hybrid work schedules and optional compressed workweeks during non-busy season months?
We're looking for
great folks to be the next leaders of our firm. Start as a Tax Supervisor but
envision yourself as a manager and even a partner one day, if that's your goal.
Even if your end game isn't to become a partner, you will enjoy the variety and
challenge of public accounting. At WBL, there'll always be a place for you.
WBL is different
from other firms. We are committed to maintaining our success through organic growth.
This strategy keeps the pace of growth steady and manageable while
providing BIG opportunities for you! Join a firm that grows its
future leaders from within.
Does this sound
- You're ready to begin focusing on tax planning, reviewing returns prepared by staff, research projects and more client interaction
- You like to get to know your clients and their businesses and bring them fresh ideas. Your mission is to give them the best service possible.
- You are a detailed-oriented person who does what you say you'll do.
- You're a keen problem-solver with an inquiring mind. You're a lifelong learner and learn quickly.
- You enjoy leading and motivating individuals and teams; planning, directing and supervising progress of staff on tax engagements; and training staff and senior staff.
- You are an expert juggler, able to keep many balls in the air without dropping any.
- You like variety and don't plan on getting pigeon-holed. You have experience with more than one of the following industries and like it that way: manufacturing, distribution, software, technology, staffing, non-profit private schools/associations/foundations, professional services, high-net worth individuals.
- You are proficient in corporate, partnership and individual taxation. . . . you may even know a bit about international, SALT, estates & trusts.
As a Tax Supervisor, you will be an integral part of a fun, close-knit team and will perform the following job duties:
- Obtains information for preparing tax returns, protests, briefs, technical memoranda, reports, etc., and prepares same; demonstrates ability to recognize non-routine tax problems and, after research, to suggest solutions.
- Communicates with clients, Internal Revenue Service representatives and others; and helps on special assignments.
- Reviews tax returns prepared by other staff and prepares complex tax returns as necessary.
- Supervises preparation process and assists staff to resolve tax issues as they arise.
- Informs management of progress on engagements; takes timely action on technical, scheduling, and other problems. Brings recommended solutions to management's attention for timely action.
- Prepares performance reviews and participates in training other staff. Provides timely feedback and direction. Exhibits patience and willingness to supervise.
- Working knowledge of tax code and regulations.
What's in it for
- Flexible hybrid work schedules
- Early Fridays and optional compressed workweeks during non-busy season months
- Maternity & paternity leave and firm-paid childcare
- "Dress for your day" dress code (i.e., casual attire)
- PTO and firm-paid holidays including a "just for you" personal holiday & paid community service day
- Awesome compensation and healthcare benefits package
- 401k Plan with firm match and profit sharing
- Annual performance bonus, CPA exam bonus, service awards & spot awards
- Paid professional development, coaching program and upward mobility
- Fantastic career in public accounting — one that integrates into your personal lifestyle
- Direct access and support from partners and managers
- Genuinely nice people to work with — a true team!