Are you ready for your next career move?
Are you looking for a great learning environment in an outstanding mid-size firm with a variety of clients? Do you want a challenging and rewarding career while having great work-life integration that includes flexible hybrid work schedules and optional compressed workweeks during non-busy season months?
We're looking for great folks to be the next leaders of our firm. Start as a Tax Manager but envision yourself as a senior manager and even a partner one day, if that's your goal. Even if your end game isn't to become a partner, you will enjoy the variety and challenge of public accounting. At WBL, there'll always be a place for you.
WBL is different from other firms. We are committed to maintaining our success through organic growth. This strategy keeps the pace of growth steady and manageable while providing BIG opportunities for you! Join a firm that grows its future leaders from within.
Does this sound like you?
- You like to get to know your clients and their businesses and bring them fresh ideas. Your mission is to give them the best service possible.
- You are a detailed-oriented person who does what you say you'll do.
- You're a keen problem-solver with an inquiring mind. You're a lifelong learner and learn quickly.
- You enjoy leading and motivating individuals and teams; planning, directing and supervising progress of staff, sr. staff & supervisors on tax engagements; and training staff, sr. staff & supervisors
- You are an expert juggler, able to keep many balls in the air without dropping any.
- You have experience with more than one of the following industries and like it that way: manufacturing, distribution, software, technology, staffing, non-profit private schools/associations/foundations, professional services, high-net worth individuals.
- You are proficient in corporate, partnership and individual taxation. . . . you may even know a bit about international, SALT, estates & trusts.
- You want to focus on tax planning, reviewing returns prepared by staff & sr. staff, research projects and client interaction & client relationships.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting (master in taxation/MAcc with tax focus preferred), your CPA license and at least 4 years of tax experience with at least one year as a tax senior/supervisor
As a Tax Manager, you will be an integral part of a fun, close-knit team and will perform the following job duties:
- Plans, budgets, supervises, reviews and completes multiple client engagements/projects within budgetary and time constraints
- Obtains information for preparing tax returns, protests, briefs, technical memoranda, reports, etc., and interacts closely with clients to provide tax planning, consulting and compliance services
- Reviews complex tax returns prepared by other staff, sr. staff and supervisors and assists with resolution of issues
- Communicates with clients, Internal Revenue Service representatives and others
- Performs and manages tax research projects
- Informs partners of progress on engagements; brings recommended solutions to partner's attention for timely action
- Keeps abreast of latest developments in clients' industries as well as in tax guidance to anticipate and address client concerns
- Trains, develops, manages and evaluates staff; assists with attracting, developing, and retaining top talent
What's in it for you (WIIFY)?
- Flexible hybrid work schedules
- Early Fridays and optional compressed workweeks during non-busy season months
- Maternity & paternity leave and firm-paid childcare
- "Dress for your day" dress code (i.e., casual attire)
- PTO and firm-paid holidays including a "just for you" personal holiday & paid community service day
- Awesome compensation and healthcare benefits package
- 401k Plan with firm match and profit sharing
- Annual performance bonus, CPA exam bonus, service awards & spot awards
- Paid professional development, coaching program and upward mobility
- Fantastic career in public accounting — one that integrates into your personal lifestyle
- Direct access and support from partners and managers
- Genuinely nice people to work with — a true team!