Private Schools & Associations
“As an auditor myself, I can speak with experience on client service, and WBL has an excellent focus on client service. Patricia Yeager is extremely knowledgeable, responsive, proactive and easy to contact.” Treasurer, independent school endowment fund
Get guidance and solutions tailored specifically for independent schools and nonprofit associations.
WBL is one of the only accounting firms in the region with specialized experience in helping private schools excel. That kind of experience comes from more than 35 years of working with administrators, helping them improve their internal processes and controls, educate their boards of directors, increase efficiency, train staff, implement new accounting processes and meet regulatory requirements.
Associations and foundations are also near and dear to us. Mission-driven nonprofits often face unique regulatory requirements and interface with other groups in ways that complicate annual reporting and taxes.
You don't have time to spend educating your business advisors. You need a smart, talented and experienced team that delivers high-quality accounting, tax and business assistance, proactive communication to eliminate surprises, and cost-effective services to maximize value.
WBL’s nonprofit services for private schools, associations and foundations include:
- Preparation and review of financial statements
- Audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards and Office of Management and Budget Circular A-133
- Preparation of Form 990 and other tax reporting and compliance requirements
- Accounting for unrestricted, temporarily restricted and permanently restricted contributions and assets
- Board education and development
- Accounting for capital campaigns and other fundraising events
- Compliance audits and accounting for government and private grants
- Accounting for investments and major construction
- Endowment spending formulas
- Accounting for unrelated business income and taxes
- Analysis and improvement recommendations for internal controls and other operations
- Recommendation for nonprofit industry accounting and fund-raising software
- The Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA) and Georgia’s enacted UPMIFA
- Organization-specific issues (e.g., tuition deposits and unearned tuition at private schools)