Comprehensive Financial Planning
Map a course to your financial goals.
You Need a Map to Get There
How do you meet your current financial wants and needs AND work toward your long-term financial goals at the same time? How do you overcome that overwhelmed or guilty feeling when you think of your current financial situation?
The answer is to create a personal comprehensive financial plan with the help of an expert you can trust. A financial plan will help you understand your financial behaviors so you can make decisions that will lead you to your financial goals. Building a plan around what’s most important to you will eliminate fear or judgement and support what’s important to you.
Some common financial goals include:
- Saving and investing for retirement
- Saving and investing for educational expenses
- Providing for your loved ones in the event of your death
- Minimizing income or estate taxes
- Establishing an emergency fund
- Eliminating consumer debt
- Saving for a large expenditure (e.g., a down payment on a house, a dream vacation)
How to Create The Best Map
It is hard to reach a destination when you don’t know how to get there. A personal comprehensive financial plan becomes your map to reach your future financial goals. Before you can chart a course to your destination, you will need a clear picture of your current situation and any challenges that lay ahead. That’s when its best to turn to an expert you already know and trust—your WBL tax accountant. Your WBL tax accountant already has insight into your financial world. Unlike advisors who sell specific investment tools and earn commissions when they influence your decisions, your WBL accountant will give you objective information to help you weigh alternatives, save time and create a road map you can follow. They will help you:
- Develop a clear picture of your current financial situation (income, assets, liabilities, insurance coverage, investment portfolio, tax exposure and estate plan)
- Identify your goals and the financial behaviors that will help you reach them
- Establish personal priorities that align with your goals, so you build on financial strengths and address financial weaknesses
- Independently evaluate and choose products and tools tailored to meet your goals
- Monitor your progress toward your goals, making adjustments when circumstances change
The Most Important Part of the Journey is the First Step
Ask your WBL tax accountant to work with you to create your financial plan. When is the best time to do it? Now! The sooner you start, the more options you will have.