Could your business use a tune-up? Just like your car, your business can benefit from a periodic peek “under the hood” to uncover problems or inefficiencies that might jeopardize its value down the road.
A business owner relies on his or her business to provide financial security. The business is also typically the largest asset they own. But data suggests that 83% of business owners who do a succession planning analysis need to grow their business’ value in order to meet their personal wealth goals. Did you know that the following common business issues can have a tangible and, sometimes, significant impact on your business’ value?
- Difficulty meeting revenue goals
- Owner working too many hours
- Stagnant sales
- Tax and other financial deadlines are a nightmare
- Weak brand recognition
- Small market-share compared to competitors
- Over-reliance on a few key clients
- Below-market salaries
A Business Value Assessment is a powerful, free tool that will help uncover where problems may be lurking in your business. In the hands of a seasoned business advisor, a Business Value Assessment not only diagnoses potential problems, it can demonstrate how fixing them could improve your business’ value.
WBL uses a proven methodology developed at MIT to uncover core inefficiencies and problems. We will analyze your business’ operations and recommend the RIGHT areas to work on to improve your value. You get an actionable report in 15 to 20 minutes‐‐at no cost to you. It includes:
- A holistic assessment that evaluates the 18 critical value drivers (operations, sales & marketing, brand, senior management, recurring revenue, etc.) and reveals opportunities to improve your current business.
- Peer comparisons using real numbers from actual sales of businesses in your industry to calculate and estimate your company’s value.
- Recommendations to help you identify the RIGHT areas to work on first that will help your value grow.
You can share your Business Value Diagnosis with your management team and include it in your strategic planning.
If you want more help, WBL can follow up with a Deep Dive Analysis for a reasonable fee to help you determine the value drivers to work on and how doing so could improve the value of your business. The Deep Dive Analysis takes 60 to 90 minutes and includes:
- A value gap analysis, a ‘What If?’ scenario to test changes, shows the increase in value over time for completed tasks. You will clearly see the risks to your company, understand why they need your attention, and learn how your company value is improved by mitigating these issues.
- An operational value report showing what your business could sell for today, and what it COULD be worth.
- A business dashboard with KPIs and more.
- A detailed plan of action that includes specific tasks to increase company strength and value; and tracks the increased value you create over time. The dynamic, actionable plan guides you through implementing best practices, strengthening operations, and building value.
Let WBL help you keep your business running smoothly now and in the future. Contact WBL today at (770) 512-0500 to schedule your no-cost Business Value Assessment.