DISCOVER is a one-day Summer Leadership Program for rising juniors and seniors pursuing a degree in Accounting and interested in a career in public accounting. Selected applicants will spend an informative and fun day on Thursday, July 25, 2019, attending panel discussions and trainings, taking part in an office tour, participating in team-building games or events and getting to know WBL accountants and partners at an after-work social.
- How to work and succeed in a team environment
- Some of the brightest and best young accountants in the industry today
- Experienced partners eager to share what they know
- What it’s like to work at one of the top 100 Best Accounting Firms to Work For in the United States
- Leadership skills that will help you launch your career in public accounting
- Why firm culture is so important to your success
Who is eligible for the DISCOVER Summer Leadership Program?
- Rising juniors and seniors in a four or five year collegiate program
- Majoring in Accounting (with the intention of pursuing a CPA license)
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.3/4.0
- Strong interest in a career in public accounting
- Active in the classroom, on campus and in the community
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and skill set
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively on complex tasks in a team environment
Application and selection process:
Complete the application questionnaire (below). You will also upload a resume and an unofficial transcript.
All applications and other documentation must be received by 5 p.m. on April 15, 2019.
Students will be contacted between April 16th and April 30th for a phone interview. Successful applicants will be notified by email no later than May 15, 2019.