The future is you…
We’re looking for great folks to be the next leaders of our firm.
WBL is different from other firms. We are committed to maintaining our success through organic growth, not by acquiring or merging with other firms. This strategy keeps the pace of growth steady and manageable while providing BIG opportunities for you! Even if your end game isn’t to become a partner, you will enjoy the variety and challenge of public accounting. At WBL, there’ll always be a place for you. Join a firm that grows its future leaders from within.
As a Tax Senior Manager, you will be an integral part of a fun, close-knit team and will perform the following job duties:
- Interact closely with clients to provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance services.
- Plan, budget, supervise, review and complete multiple client engagements/projects.
- Manage within budget and time constraints while providing a high-level of client service.
- Review complex federal and state income tax returns for individuals, trusts, and businesses; consult on complex tax matters.
- Perform and manage tax research projects.
- Work closely with partners to manage client relationships, deliver innovative tax planning, help develop the practice/department and develop new business opportunities.
- Understand client operations, build relationships with client personnel and manage client expectations; identify opportunities to expand services within the client base; promote new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest developments in clients’ industries as well as in tax guidance to anticipate and address client concerns.
- Assist with examinations by tax authorities.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services.
- Train, develop, manage and evaluate staff; assist with attracting, developing, and retaining top talent.
- 10+ years technical tax experience in public accounting (preferably with a local, boutique or regional firm).
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; Masters in Taxation or MAcc with a concentration in tax strongly preferred.
- Must be a licensed CPA.
- Proficient in performing research, creating projections, and preparing and reviewing complex income tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, LLCs, estates, and trusts in a variety of industries and with operations in multiple tax jurisdictions.
- Experience with more than one of the following industries: manufacturing, distribution, software, technology, staffing, professional services, high net worth individuals. International tax experience is a plus.
- Strong technical and research skills with ability to identify and propose resolutions to complex income tax issues.
- Significant experience with tax planning and strategy.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and project management skills.
- Proven client interaction and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Demonstrated staff management and development skills.
What’s in it for you (WIIFY)?
- A rewarding career in public accounting, one that is designed to fit into your personal lifestyle.
- Professional development and upward mobility with a path to partnership for those who aspire to become a partner.
- Direct access to and support from partners.
- An awesome compensation and benefits package that is regularly benchmarked against firms in the region.
- Reasonable work schedules with optional compressed workweeks and early dismissal on Fridays during slower months.
- “Dress for your day” dress code (ie: casual attire in the office, business attire when meeting with clients).
- Genuinely nice people to work with — a true team.
For more information and to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to WBL’s HR Manager, Jamie Burak.