The Audit Supervisor is an integral part of the team and performs the following job duties:
- Applies the theory and principles of accounting as well as the objectives, standards, and procedures of auditing to client situations.
- Applies understanding of client’s systems and procedures, overall business operations, and industry to the role of professional accountant and consultant.
- Meets the profession’s and the firm’s standards of technical quality established in AICPA and FASB pronouncements and the firm’s technical procedures; keeps informed of current technical developments and pending matters important to our profession and clients.
- Plans engagements, including preparation of time budgets, audit/review programs and planning memos; analytically reviews interim client financial statements and determines audit materiality.
- Prepares financial statements, management letters and other communications; reviews working papers of accountants assigned to him/her in preparation of detailed review.
- Reviews internal control structures; approves audit programs and time budgets and all other planning and forwards them to partner for executive review and approval.
- Supervises system engagements, including direction of staff personnel, organization of work plan, development of suggestions and implementation of follow-up.
- Provides training, leadership and administrative direction to motivate and develop the capabilities of accountants assigned to him/her. Completes performance evaluations and provides timely feedback. Exhibits patience and willingness to supervise.
- Accepts other administrative and supervisory responsibilities, including recruiting, leading professional development sessions and administration of the audit practice as required.
- Three or more years of audit experience in public accounting (preferably with a local or regional firm) with at least one year of experience as a senior/supervisor planning and directing daily progress of field work, writing audit reports and drafting financial statements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; master's degree in Accounting preferred
- Must be a CPA
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and audit procedures
- Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as analytical & problem-solving ability
- Experience in a paperless environment; experience with ProSystems preferable
- Experience with working with higher level executives at client companies
- Experience with non-profit accounting and auditing is a plus
- Desire for career growth through challenging work assignments and continuous learning opportunities
- Ability to travel locally around Atlanta metro area and within driving distance of Atlanta metro area. Out-of-state travel may be required on a very limited basis.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.