*Excellent opportunity for an experienced Audit Manager or an experienced Senior/Supervisor looking to move into a manager role.*
The future is you…
We’re looking for great folks to be the next leaders of our firm. The Audit Manager is an integral part of the team and works closely with partners, staff and clients to manage the delivery of audit and assurance services for multiple clients in a variety of industries. You will enjoy the variety and challenge of public accounting.
WBL is different from other firms. We are committed to maintaining our success through organic growth, not by acquiring or merging with other firms. This strategy keeps the pace of growth steady and manageable while providing BIG opportunities for you! Join a firm that grows its future leaders from within.
The Audit Manager is responsible for performing the following job duties:
- Plans engagements, including preparation of time budgets and audit/review programs.
- Recognizes significant problems in our clients’ operations, recommends and executes a solution in a timely fashion to satisfy client needs.
- Maintains appropriate relationships with clients to retain and expand scope of services.
- Analytically reviews interim client financial statements and determines audit materiality.
- Organizes work assignments and delegates & controls field work assignments so engagements are completed in a reasonable time.
- Applies the theory and principles of accounting and the objectives, standards, and procedures of auditing to client situations.
- Reviews internal control structures; reviews and approves audit programs, time budgets and all other planning activities completed by others assigned to the engagement
- Prepares financial statements, audit reports, management letters, and other communications.
- Conducts first or second level reviews of working papers of staff, sr. staff and supervisors assigned to him/her.
- Provides training, leadership and administrative direction to motivate and develop the capabilities of staff, sr. staff and supervisors, including timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Communicates effectively at all levels, both within firm and with assigned clients and cooperates with others in a manner that recognizes the high importance of providing professional services.
- Familiar with ProSystems Engagement is a plus.
- 5+ years experience in public accounting audit & assurance services (preferably in a local or regional firm)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting and CPA license
- Experience with more than one of the following industries: manufacturing, distribution, software, technology, staffing, professional services, not-for-profit private schools/associations/foundations
- Excellent analytical, judgment and project management skills
- Strong technical, problem solving & research skills with ability to identify and propose resolutions to complex issues
- Proven client interaction and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated staff management & development skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills including financial statement preparation & report writing