The future is you…
We’re looking for great folks to be the next leaders of our firm. Start as Sr. Associate but envision yourself as a supervisor, manager and even a partner one day if that’s your goal.
WBL is different than other firms. We’re looking to grow organically which means BIG opportunity for you! Join a firm that’s not looking to obtain its future leaders by merging with another firm.
Even if your end game isn’t to become a partner, you will enjoy the variety and challenge of public accounting. There’s no need to leave the industry because at WBL, there’ll always be a place for you.
Does this sound like you?
- You like to get to know your clients and their businesses and bring them fresh ideas. Your mission is to give them the best service possible.
- You are a detail-oriented person who does what you say you’ll do.
- You’re a keen problem-solver and an inquiring mind. You’re a lifelong learner and learn quickly.
- You like variety and don’t plan on getting pigeon-holed. You have experience with more than one of the following industries and like it that way: manufacturing, distribution, software, technology, staffing, non-profit private schools/associations/foundations or professional services.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Accounting and at least two years of public accounting audit experience with a mid-size regional or local firm.
As a Sr. Audit Associate, you will be an integral part of the team and perform the following job duties under limited supervision:
- Perform audit procedures to support our accountants’ report on client financial statements.
- Test internal control structures and determine the reasonableness of recorded assets, liabilities and results of operations.
- Identify and communicate significant problems in our clients’ operations.
- Prepare sections of reports, management letters and other communications.
- Apply the theory and principles of accounting as well as the objectives, standards & procedures of auditing to client situations.
- Develop insight into clients’ systems, procedures, overall business operations and industries and utilize this knowledge in audit work.
- Meet the standards of technical quality as established in current AICPA and FASB pronouncements. Keep informed of current technical developments and pending matters important to our profession and clients.
- Plan, organize, delegate and control your work so assignments are completed in a reasonable time and in a form suitable for review.
- Handle more complex audit areas & reviews.
- Begin to supervise small engagements as an “in-charge” and review the work of interns and staff accountants.
What’s in it for you (WIIFY)
- Reasonable work schedules–average 50 hr workweeks during busy season; average 40 hr workweeks outside busy season plus optional compressed workweeks and early Fridays dismissal during slower months
- “Dress for your day” dress code (ie: casual attire!)
- A fantastic career in public accounting, one that fits into your personal lifestyle; we are flexible and seek to make a career in public accounting viable for all who want it
- Direct access and support from partners and managers
- Genuinely nice people to work with – only teamwork allowed
- Awesome compensation and benefits package
- Professional development and upward mobility
For more information and to apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter t0 WBL’s HR Manager, Jamie Burak.