The future is you…
We’re looking for great folks to be the next leaders of our firm. Start as Sr. Associate but envision yourself as a supervisor, manager and even a partner one day, if that’s your goal. Even if your end game isn’t to become a partner, you will enjoy the variety and challenge of public accounting. At WBL, there’ll always be a place for you.
WBL is different from other firms. We are committed to maintaining our success through organic growth, not by acquiring or merging with other firms. This strategy keeps the pace of growth steady and manageable while providing BIG opportunities for you! Join a firm that grows its future leaders from within.
Does this sound like you?
- You like to get to know your clients and their businesses and bring them fresh ideas. Your mission is to give them the best service possible.
- You are a detail-oriented person who does what you say you’ll do.
- You’re a keen problem-solver with an inquiring mind. You’re a lifelong learner and learn quickly.
- You like variety and don’t plan on getting pigeon-holed. You have experience with more than one of the following industries and like it that way: manufacturing, distribution, software, technology, staffing, non-profit private schools/associations/foundations or professional services.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Accounting and at least two years of public accounting audit experience with a mid-size regional or local firm.
As a Sr. Audit Associate, you will be an integral part of the team and perform the following job duties under limited supervision:
- Perform audit procedures to support our accountants’ report on client financial statements.
- Test internal control structures and determine the reasonableness of recorded assets, liabilities and results of operations.
- Identify and communicate significant problems in our clients’ operations.
- Prepare sections of reports, management letters and other communications.
- Apply the theory and principles of accounting as well as the objectives, standards & procedures of auditing to client situations.
- Develop insight into clients’ systems, procedures, overall business operations and industries and utilize this knowledge in audit work.
- Meet the standards of technical quality as established in current AICPA and FASB pronouncements. Keep informed of current technical developments and pending matters important to our profession and clients.
- Plan, organize, delegate and control your work so assignments are completed in a reasonable time and in a form suitable for review.
- Handle more complex audit areas and reviews.
- Begin to supervise small engagements as an “in-charge” and review the work of interns and staff accountants.
What’s in it for you (WIIFY)
- Reasonable work schedules–average 50 hr. workweeks during busy season; average 40 hr. workweeks outside busy season, plus optional compressed workweeks and early dismissal on Fridays during slower months.
- “Dress for your day” dress code (ie: casual attire in the office, business attire for client meetings).
- A fantastic career in public accounting, one that fits into your personal lifestyle; we are flexible and seek to make a public accounting career viable for all who want it.
- Direct access and support from partners and managers.
- Genuinely nice people to work with – a true team environment.
- Awesome compensation and benefits package.
- Professional development and upward mobility.
For more information and to apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to WBL’s HR Manager, Jamie Burak.