Petra Orquiola, CPA
Email: [email protected]
Georgia State University
- Master of Public Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Association for Corporate Growth
- CFO Leadership Council, Women’s Initiative Committee Member
- Robinson Council of Young Business Leaders, Board Member
- GSU Mentor Program, Volunteer
- GSU Alumni Association
- Georgia Staffing Association
- Women’s Philanthropy Initiative
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
“What sets WBL apart from other firms, large and small, is the sophistication of our clients combined with the hands-on involvement of our partners and senior members of our team. Financial reporting rules are complex and always changing. A company’s ability to expand business, grow through acquisition, sell the business or transition wealth from one generation to another often hinges on the quality of the financial reporting and the advice they get from someone they trust. I help clients avoid pitfalls, save time and money, get key information and gain peace of mind.”
Petra is an assurance services partner with WBL and the director of the firm’s Assurance Services Practice. She directs all aspects of the firm’s audit and assurance services, including preparing and reviewing financial statements and compilations, performing agreed-upon procedures, SOC reporting, ASC 606 compliance and other special projects.
Since joining the firm as an intern in 2005, Petra has worked with clients in the manufacturing, distribution and staffing industries as well as nonprofit education organizations and associations. She also specializes in transaction services, assisting clients with M&A transactions on both the buyer and seller side.
Petra works closely with her audit team and the experts in the firm’s other practices to provide outstanding personal service for clients in the areas of financial reporting, tax planning and compliance, general accounting and transaction services. She is also committed to employee satisfaction and retention.
Before joining the firm, Petra worked for Deutsche Steinzeug America (DSA) in Alpharetta and AutoCont CZ in the Czech Republic. She completed her undergraduate studies in just three and a half years while working full time and graduated first in her class.
In addition to her passion for numbers and business, Petra loves to travel internationally; her favorite recent destinations include Hong Kong, London, Paris, Brussels and Prague. A native of Pilsen, Czech Republic, Petra is fluent in both Czech and English. She lives in Alpharetta where she enjoys tennis (she plays singles and doubles with ALTA and Ultimate Tennis), running, yoga, walking and spending time with her husband, Amiel, daughters Daniela and Alexandra, and the family’s two rescue cats.
- Rest Assured: How a SOC 2 Report Builds Trust with Your Customers that Their Data Is Secure
- How To Make Your Audit More Efficient (And Less Painful)
- Lease Accounting: How to Prepare Now to Avoid Violating Debt Covenants